Monday, August 30, 2010

Because Pretend


That's something Lily says. These pictures are from earlier this month. Rebecca brought over a few dress-up things Evie had outgrown. I was excited thinking Lily would get into it, but for some reason Lily was loathe to try them on... I swear I didn't push it - Go figure - one of those random 2-year old things. She finally put this on one night for Grandpa, with her happy meal crown from when we went to Yosemite. (Possibly her one and only happy meal considering we never go to McDonald's and when we got it she threw it up.) 


Anyway, just wanted to record a few funny things Lily's been saying:

"Because pretend" She sometimes feels she needs to clarify that something is pretend to me. She's got the concept of pretend down to a degree. We took her to Toy Story 3 a couple weeks ago and she was a little scared at first, but I think it was mainly due to the big, loud, darkness of the theater. I actually think it was the least scary of the 3 Toy Story movies. The other night we watched Tarzan together and she cried when Tarzan was saying goodbye to his ape mom when he was planning to leave for England, and then again when the Leader/Ape dad died she cried and said "Where's my Dad? Where's my Dad!?" (Mike was in the other room) It was so sad and cute at the same time to see these empathetic tears from my baby! I felt kinda bad, maybe she wasn't ready for Tarzan. She wanted to watch it again, though.

"Mom, I hear the crickets!" Every night if we're outside :)

"Mom, the dog is ruffing!"

"Ah-Ga!" meaning echo - whenever we get into a somewhat echo-y place she shouts this out. 

"Round and round we go. Nobody stops. Nobody knows!" ...That is so true.

"My birthday is coming next week." or "Guess what, Isaac/Evie is coming to my birthday party next week." That started immediately following her 2nd birthday party and is regularly repeated. I've tried telling her her birthday will not come for another year, so now she just says: "My birthday is coming 2 years ago." She can hold up 2 fingers, now and say: "I'm 2 years old!"

To her dad as she was eating lunch: "Monkeys go: Eee ee - Aah aah - Ooo Ooo! What does that mean? That doesn't mean anything."

As we were driving back from going to the beach and dinner last Friday we told Lily we would give her a bath when we got home. Mike was playing at going to sleep on the floor with her while I was in the other room. Mike said when he looked up ~ pretending to wake back up ~ Lily was making for the door... She turned around and told him: "I don't have time for these, Dad! I need to take a bath. -- I don't have time for these. Come on, Dad!" -So don't know where she got that line! I honestly can't imagine a situation where the phrase - I don't have time for this - would have come out of my mouth. So funny!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have no doubt that she got the phrase "I don't have time for this!" from Evie, who got it from me! When Evie doddles, which she does frequently, I catch myself saying, "I don't have time for this!"

Heidi said...

What a little chatterer! How cute!

Amy said...

Too Cute :)