Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Good day

Today was good. Lily entertained herself in a couch fort for an unbelievably long time which helped me get some chores done around the house. Seriously - whenever I checked on her to make sure she was still happy under those blankets and pillows she ordered me back to what I was doing - it was great! Then a little later she climbed up on her stool in the kitchen and helped me make zucchini bread. She stuck it out through the whole process - I was amazed! She put the carrot pieces in the chopper for me, and helped me mash some bananas (though not very much because she started eating them), she helped me break some pecans in pieces, counted scoops with me and assisted pouring in other ingredients - and she put cupcake papers in all the spots in the cupcake pan. She was in such a good mood the entire day. (And so cute in her little apron cooking away!) It made me feel like I just need to let her help me more! I think I want to make Gak together or some kind of homemade goop she can play with - she'd probably love it. Anyway, a good long nap gave me a chance to meet several of my nap-time goals including exercising and showering -always a good thing :) I always have more goals than I can hope to accomplish in the time I have, but I felt good about what I got done today. I've been trying to make exercise a priority as I have never done my entire life - time to change that. Tonight I made BBQ chicken pizza for dinner - kinda experimental - but it turned out delicious. I gotta celebrate getting dinner on the table because I haven't been so good at that lately! Trying to change that too :) Not everything about today was perfect, but it was so nice overall - wish every day was so simple and happy :) It was one of those days that make me feel so glad to be a mom. Such a good job!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sounds good! I love those kinds of days!!

Jessica said...

I love those days!