Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Beef Roast

I remember making a slow cooker beef roast shortly after I got married that turned out so bland! We don't eat a lot of beef so I don't know if I have made another in about 9 years. Well, Mike mentioned a while back that a beef roast with carrots and potatoes sounded good, so I tried again the other day. I looked at a bunch of recipes online, but none of them really sounded like just what I was looking for. I did not want it turning out tasteless again. So I made up a recipe of my own. It turned out really good so I thought I'd share it with you all :)

Beef Roast

Ingredients

2-4 lb beef roast
1 large onion chopped & sautéed
Butter
Olive oil
Grizzly Joe’s Original Gourmet
4 carrots
3 russet potatoes
1 c. water
1 pkg onion soup mix
½ tsp beef bouillon 
¼ c. Worcester sauce
dab Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp distilled white vinegar
¼ c. BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray’s)
(If I'd had beef broth I'd have skipped the bouillon and substituted broth for the water.)

Directions
Sprinkle Grizzly Joe’s seasoning liberally over all sides of roast. Sauté onions in olive oil and butter - set half aside and add half to crock-pot. In same pan, brown roast in olive oil, add to crock-pot. Peel and chop potatoes and carrots and stuff around the roast, sprinkle the rest of the onions on top. Mix water and remaining ingredients and pour over roast and vegetables. Cook on low for about 6 hours.

No comments: