Wednesday, June 30, 2010

9! Next year will be double digits!!!

Sometimes it seems like just yesterday and sometimes it seems like we've always been together!

Mike and I met in a drawing and painting class our last year of college. We were both artists and had a lot in common. Soon the main thing we had in common was that we really liked each other. We started hanging out every spare minute of every day. We had PB&J picnics while playing games in the park, we hiked up Provo Canyon, and listened to Dead Can Dance while painting each others fingernails with glow in the dark nail polish for a trip to the Nutty Putty caves (Mike's tricky way of getting to hold my hand). I learned that Mike was an amazing dancer, and he thought I looked cute dancing even though I wasn't so great at it. We talked, made art, and made out :) We got to know each other pretty well... Then we got married. You think you know a person! Just teasing! Well, obviously, we got to know each other even better! We've been through really good times, and really hard times. We've seen each other at our best and at our worst, always loving each other. We've shared our dreams and worked through conflicts. We've become parents together, and experienced many new challenges side by side. Sometimes one of us is stronger than the other one, or wiser. It's nice that were usually not down at the same time! We respect, comfort, and encourage each other. We are better for being together, and for being united in an eternal goal. We are family!

Getting married to you is one of the happiest days in my recollection. You are my best friend and a true companion. Thank you for lifting me up when I'm down and for loving me always!


Happy Anniversary, Mike! I love you!

7 comments:

Jean said...

what a sweet post! congrats :)
you are very good with your words!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful and getting prettier every year I love you. You are a wonderful wife mother and best friend.

Francesca said...

Awwww! Happy anniversary!

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You guys were such a cute happy couple that day! (I remember your reception distinctly because I was hugely pregnant person wearing a tent that was supposed to be a dress :-)

May your next 9 years be just as full and worth it as these 9 have been!

HammondFam said...

You are so beautiful!! Happy anniversary!!

milojohn said...

Happy anniversary!! Time sure does fly by. Jenn and I will be having our 5th on the 9th of July. Hope all is going well down there.

Ruth said...

Happy anniversary! What beautiful pictures! I love the flowers in your hair, so beautiful and simple.