So this is probably the most photos I have ever put in a blog post, but Yosemite is absolutely beautiful and we had a blast - and this is my blog so I can do whatever I want. It's been over a month since our little camping trip I just haven't had much time to go through my photos - yes I took even more than this. These are just my favorite 50 or so... Since it has been a month or so I am letting my pictures do most of the talking. I'll just write a little intro.
I had never been to Yosemite. We went in early May and planned to camp in a tent with our friends, but some snowy weather reports in the weeks leading up to our trip led us to reserve a little cabin instead. The weather ended up being pretty great - cold at night, but nice in the day. May is a great time to go because the snow is just melting and there are waterfalls all over the place. Also from what I heard there are not quite as many tourists as later in the summer. A lot of our trip was driving, but it was worth it. There are not a lot of wilderness places to go around where we live - sometimes it feels like endless suburb. Our escape is the beach, but we were hungry for trees... We were not disappointed. What a beautiful forest! I think I could live there, though maybe I should visit it in the winter before committing to that. There are people who live there all the time. There are houses and a school, but I imagine the jobs there have rather tough competition - the guy at the sandwich shop said he had been running the cash register for like 10 years! Anyway, I highly recommend visiting Yosemite, and we do plan to go again except after a drive like that - next visit we'll be staying longer!
Entering Yosemite:
Lily's first marshmallow
Yosemite Falls
I kept trying to capture the scale and beauty of the trees, but couldn't really do it. I'd probably need a much larger lens, but photos can never do it justice.Mike with our friends looking at a model of where they hiked up the falls the day before we came.
Up by the falls trying to get close, but keep dry.
Where we stopped for lunch.
Me being dorky. Cue "The Hills are Alive!"
My cute kid and husband.
The girls: TaLyn, me, Apryl with Lily
The guys (and Lily): Abraham, Mike with Lily, Mikey
I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to embarrass them. They were trying to look tough. Then I thought: This is too good not to post - they can only blame themselves. So I posted two.
Our good friends Apryl and Mikey.
Lily had a blast climbing all over everything.
Mike helped her out on the big stuff. Check out these huge trees!
Can you believe she is only going to be 2 in July!? She is getting tall!
Lily scoring some snacks from Mikey. Her eyes look as blue as his shirt!
Lily walked the trails with us a long way! I was amazed at how far she went and she was still super happy. Ooh - another good reason to go early in the season: No mosquitoes!
Along the trail. There was a road following along this trail right near us the whole way, but hiking the trail was far prettier and much more fun!
Lily mooching some more snacks from Apryl. The snacks are tastier if they belong to someone else.
Lily trying to scoot down the trail - she must have been getting tired.
Taking pictures through my sunglasses. A rosier view.
Our group heading into the sunset from down the road.
Lily with her souvenir forest friends on the porch of our cabin.
Making the eagle fly.
My current desktop wallpaper. Love this photo - this was right near our campsite.
Mike checking out the falls to see people climbing them.
All tuckered out as we head back home.
Mike can tell you I even took lots of pictures as we drove away. I wasn't ready to go, and the surrounding area outside of Yosemite is quite pretty too - with smaller trees and green rolling hills. I imagine the rainy spring weather is what made it so green. If it were like that year round I would so want to live there!
This is actually one of my favorite photos from the trip. Now that is traveling in comfort. Thank goodness we borrowed that portable DVD player from Andrew and Rebecca. It definitely kept Lily entertained as I'm sure I couldn't have.
Lily trying on her Princess crown. She tried it on Lamby too. Her first Happy Meal toy ever. (We are not generally McDonald's eaters) It might very well be the last because she threw up and Mike credits it to McDonald's - as if watching TV on an 8-10 hour drive could not make you carsick alone!
My adorable and total TV enthralled princess. (Mike would say puke-princess.)
Survivor of her first camping trip.

1 comment:
Wow, beautiful photos! Glad you guys had fun.
Post a Comment