Forgetting the nap time To Do List, forgetting the nap, and heading to the beach for some fun family time.
Last Thursday Mike got done with work super early so we decided to head out to a beach we hadn't gone to before that he'd seen while on the job. We had such a nice time together, went to a new beach, and a new pizza place (Leucadia Pizzeria), ate good pizza, the best garlic bread I have ever tasted, and finished up the day with a steamy hot shower and a fun chick flick on TV with my mom. I didn't think about the other things I could or should have been doing once - which is unusual for me! We just had the best time. I'm so glad it's summer and we live near the ocean. Even though I didn't go in the water past my knees - just being out in the sand and the waves, breathing the air, soaking up some sun, and following it up with a hot shower made me feel so rejuvenated! Maybe you have to get a little dirty to truly appreciate getting clean. Anyway - it was a great day and made me feel so grateful for the wonders of God's creations and for lovely modern luxuries like good smelling soap, a powerful shower head, and hot water heaters, and super super grateful for my family.
Helping carry our stuff out to the beach.
Bathing beauty.
Having fun in what Lily calls her "baby suit."
Mike finally tried out the flippers he got for Christmas.
Building sandcastles with Dad.
Lily loves the water!
Playing pretend in the car while waiting to go.
Lemon-eating faces!
Sweet smiles.
What a great day!

















2 comments:
Sounds fabulous! I miss the beach so much. I love the 8th photo, of Lily and her daddy.
What a wonderful day! I love when those kinds of days come along. It does make me homesick for the beach though....
Post a Comment