We finally went out and got some step stools to help Lily get up to the sink to wash her hands and brush her teeth. She loves to climb, and I think it gives her an extra feeling of independence. It sure is better on my back - she's getting so big!
I think Lily is ready to start potty training. She's definitely showing interest. And I think she could do it based on the stuff I've read in books. I'm NOT ready! I'd rather change a diaper than deal with the mess I am sure to encounter with the whole process of learning to use the toilet especially since it's not really my house to mess up. I think I will wait at least until after the camping trip we are planning in May. Just hoping she will not start shedding her diaper on her own before that!
Here are some photos of Miss Independence brushing her own teeth:
Helping Mama bake some chocolate chip cookies: (Love that cheesy grin!)
And with the garden cart Mike got to push Lily around in: (or for gardening...)
August on the Way Out
1 month ago



4 comments:
I love the one of her on her tippy toes spitting into the sink!
Have fun potty training!! I recall one point during the training process that we had to safety pin Evie into her jammies at night because she LOVED to take everything off...including the diaper!
Guess I'd better not give up the footies for a while :)
I must admit, potty training is not my favorite thing in the world. And my first was by far the hardest...it didn't help that she had a mortal fear of the potty. (She is still scared of toilets even now. Go figure.) But the rest weren't sooo bad. Maybe Lily will be super easy!
Post a Comment