Friday, March 12, 2010

So Good

New garden gloves.
New hand spade.
Working in the sunshine with a cute little blond and her red plastic shovel digging right beside me.
Doesn't get much better than that!

Weeding is a good addiction. (I dare you to stop at one!)
Sunshine makes me happy.
Lily does too. She's a pretty good little garden helper. She helped me put the weeds in the trash can as I dug 'em up. She is not a fan of worms or spiders, but I can't say that I am either. Wish they made little garden gloves in her size. Hoping she doesn't get tired of it, because we have quite a ways to go. I am determined to have a garden this year! It has been too long, and I miss our scrumptious homegrown tomatoes! I know Lily will love them too, and hope gardening will help her to like even more vegetables.

Wish I had a picture to post - but we were getting down and dirty. No place for cameras. Went straight to the bathtub afterward. It was fun!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Seems like everyone I know has been praising gardening lately! Someday I'll get on that train. Let us know when the first things grow!

Ruth said...

That sounds so nice! What a good mom you are to teach her to garden! I'm excited to have a yard someday so we can start one too. :)