Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Daily View

I feel like I haven't blogged in a very long time. Life just keeps throwing things at you, doesn't it? Sometimes things you thought would hardly change turn upside down. We've had a lot of crazy things going on lately amongst our extended family, but I don't want to go too much into that aside from the fact that it has really brought home to me, however much I knew it before, how one person's choices effect so much more than that one person. And how important family is to a happy life!

Anyway, here's the daily view:

 
From mom's perspective. A very typical scene in my life right now. The pajamas and scattered toys may change. I might be walking through the house or trying to cook or clean in the kitchen, but just look down and there's that face, and those little hands clinging to my leg.

Lily is going through a 'me, too' phase. Anything you do, she wants to do it too. I know I should probably use my brain and turn this to my advantage to get her to try more things, but she's also in a changing her mind from one second to the next phase - so I figure any strategic attempts to bend her to my will are pretty much guaranteed to fail. So we just keep plugging along. Someday we'll get the hang of it. Any suggestions on diffusing tantrums are welcome - we are entering age 2 sooner than we had anticipated.

She's testing her boundaries, but she's also getting a lot more fun to talk to and play with. Her taste and her imagination are developing by leaps and bounds. How fun it is to teach her little things each day! And watch her gain new skills and confidence in what she can do. She's going to go far, this little girl of mine.
 
  
Her current favorite things to do are:

Play Tea Party
Draw and Color
Play ABC's
Watch Little Bear
Play Chase or Catch me!

  
  
  
 

I love that she still loves reading together and being sung to and is starting to sing a little too.

I love when I ask her to do something and she says 'OK, Mama' and does it! Note: I did say when.

I love that she's finally catching on to the smile and say cheese concept. Cheesy smile:

 
 

Recently heard from the lips of my child:

  I love you, too!

  Ouch! I've got the mumps. (Courtesy of Little Bear. Also courtesy of Little Bear: She sometimes mumbles about No Feet (the snake) in her sleep, starts counting with her arm up over her eyes to play hide and seek, and has tried to initiate a game of I spy in the car in which the answer is always No Feet. The other day while getting her diaper changed she told me her first knock knock joke: Knock-a-knock..Who's there? Owl Who Hoo Hoo Hoo. (Also thank you to Little Bear.))

  I wanna go outside, too. (Me, with a clarifying question:) You want to go outside with dad? (Lily) OK. 

(After announcing my back was hurting.) Mom, your back hurts? Yes, mom's back hurts. Don't worry, I'll help you.

  (Singing:) So long. See you later. We had fun.. (Yo Gabba Gabba got that running in my head last week and I must've sung it so much I got it in hers.)

Somehow this blog has ended up all about Lily, again! I guess that's one thing you can pretty much count on - it is my journal, and did you see my daily view? :) Somebody else I love had a birthday recently, so you can pretty much guarantee I will blog a little about that, but I think that's enough blogging for now. Until next time!

3 comments:

Francesca said...

I love that first photo of Lily! She looks so happy. And the one at the tea party is cute too. Blog about her all you want; I never grow tired of it!

Amy said...

If you find the cure for trantrums please let me know, I already see a hint of them with Olivia. Lily is super cute :)

Susan said...

That first picture is so classic. Love it! we do need to go to the park sometime!