Well...don't really know about that yet...but she sure does like dirt.
Lily had a blast helping us weed the areas in my parents yard that will soon be our garden. I am actually a little worried that she'll be sad when we do get the plants in because she won't be able to play in it anymore. Here's a few pictures I took of her out in the yard the other day in her cute blue shirt and overalls. (She actually has enough hair now for a single back ponytail! Mike is insistent I let her bangs grow out - hence the side bow. They are totally in her face without it.)
Looking out for worms.
Happy with her wee yellow flower.
Just happy.
Such a classic Lily face.
Digging in!
Almost as good as the beach. The reason we will need to build up a barricade to grow anything. Who knew dirt could keep a child so happily occupied for such a long time...?
Mike went to town the other day getting the weeds out. We got our seeds in the mail and some peat pots to start some in. Now all we need is a truckload of manure to liven things up a bit and we'll be good to go! Mike came across a little garden cart tonight at Costco that will be perfect for unloading that, and wheeling Lily around in. They trucked it all over the store because Lily was happier riding in that than in the shopping cart. Mike got some pretty funny looks and comments, but he and Lily were having a blast so that's all we cared about. Wish I'd had my camera on me! It was pretty cute and funny to see her little eyes peeking out over that thing as Mike wheeled it about the store.



3 comments:
She IS adorable, your husband looks so cool, and you are such a kindred spirit. I love it. I will be back.
There is certainly something magical about dirt and mud! The only difference between Evie and Lily is that Evie will hunt out the worms and bugs! She LOVES to find them, build them a home inside a mason jar complete with dirt, grass and twings and then bring them inside my house! I'm sure that under Evie's tutelage, Lily will be loving those creepy crawly things soon enough!
Super cute! Kirsten LOVES digging in the dirt too, it's pretty much her favorite thing. Except we don't have a yard, so she gets her digging fix whenever we stay at my parents' house. She can dig outside all day while she's there!
Post a Comment