Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another Year Older

Mike's birthday passed recently and we had fun celebrating with friends and family. I actually put the right number of candles on his birthday cake this year (including a duck candle left over from Lily's first birthday) and as you can see it made quite a lot of smoke!
But you can still make him out in all that haze - so he must not be that old. Young enough at heart to still lick the frosting and want a duck candle on his cake.
Lily was excited about the cake and ice cream. I'd been coaching her to sing Happy Birthday too, but all my coaching just started resulting in No no no! - so I let it go.
 
The Birthday Boy and Little Chocolate Beard.
 
Lily helped unwrap presents, and I think the card she made her dad was his favorite one.
 
We're glad you were born, Mike! Glad to have you for husband, Dad, companion and friend! One year closer to your goal of 120!

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Love the ducky candle! Who wouldn't want one on their cake?