Halloween is coming to our house a bit early this year! My niece Evie had her heart set on a Halloween themed Birthday party so we're gearing up for next Saturday! Rebecca throws the most gorgeous birthday parties. This year I helped her out a little. I designed the invites - really just mimicked one she loved that she'd found online.
(This is just the top half - sorry I'm not in charge of who can come!)
And I designed this haunted house for a backdrop to one wall. I always loved drawing haunted house silhouettes as a kid.
I made the pattern and Rebecca and I cut it out of felt and glued it together together. It turned out pretty cute.
A mom, dad and baby, as Lily loves to say. Lily picked out the shapes for the pumpkins, the eyes, noses and mouths, and helped me with the glue, but then when they were done she thought they were too scary - the baby mouth I think - and she knocked them all off the window sill. -- I'm making some little Halloween-y skirts for Lily and her little girl cousins and she also thinks the fabric I picked out for hers is 'too scary' -- because of the pumpkin faces. (But then when I ask her what she wants to be for Halloween -- she says a pumpkin!) I contemplated returning the fabric, but I'm just going to go with it! I guess she'd better get used to (things that aren't even) scary, because our house is about to get a lot scarier!!! Halloween is on it's way!





5 comments:
I've always loved Halloween, but for some reason I can't get into it as much as I used to. Something about it still being over 100 degrees just kills the spirit of it for me I guess. Besides, having to come up with 2 costumes for both my school age kids stresses me out. At school they do a "literature day" parade. Instead of Halloween costumes, they have to dress like a character from a book that they've read. It wouldn't be so bad if my kids would just agree to wear the same costume for both, but for some reason they never find the "literature" costumes that exciting :-)
Halloween is one my favorite holidays. Love the stuff! You are so talented in lots of things.
I love the invitation and Haunated house - you are super talented!
I agree! Lissy you are super-talented! Thanks for all of your help with everything! I could not have done it without you!
Thanks ladies :) Heidi you crack me up! I can't imagine the word 'Literature' sounding very exciting to kids! I wonder who thought of pairing that with Halloween? They need to come up with a more exciting name for that or move it to a different time of year at the least!
Post a Comment