Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Knocked off my feet

So it often seems that just when I start getting going on something, or several somethings...just when I'm busy, motivated, and feel like I'm making some progress - something happens to knock me off my feet. This time quite literally. I twisted my ankle and boy does it hurt! I was just walking over to the couch and turning to sit down and it felt like something cracked inside of it. Lame :( So now I'm icing and resting and not getting nearly as much done. At least if this had to happen I should have gotten an interesting story out of it - something exciting, heroic, and maybe a little dangerous...I could have been climbing Mt. Everest, or at least saving a snail from an oncoming tricycle, but No... I got hurt trying to sit down on my own couch. Now that's silly.

Anyway, I had to share this video and photos of Lily from this morning. Lately if she gets hurt she's been saying "It hurts so much!" with the cutest emphasis and I got it on video today. Don't worry - no Lily's were hurt in the making of this video. Don't be fooled by her pathetic expression!



Some pouty faces:

 
I thought this face a funny contrast to the PJ shirt she had on.



Looks like she's struggling a bit to keep a straight face. Don't play poker with this girl!

2 comments:

brooke said...

oh, i'm so sorry you hurt your ankle. that is no fun! i have a recurring ankle injury every once in a while that really puts me out.

love the pouty faces of lily.

Jean said...

I love your writing! You are so witty!
the only time I have ever been in a cast came from just walking in my back yard, so I understand the boring story :)