Sunday, October 17, 2010

All Dressed Up

So I got Lily's Halloween costume done a little early. Yay! She was invited to a birthday party where the kids all wore costumes so it was a good motivator - otherwise I'd still have that to do. This year's costume was Mike's idea. I think it turned out pretty cute! We might still get her some cat's eye glasses. It would have been cute with saddle shoes too, but I think her black dressy shoes look cute enough - it is just a costume. Maybe I'll have to make me one too and all go out to the Corvette Diner - maybe :) 



Here are some pictures from the birthday party - It was Lily's first invite to a non-family party. 

 My big girl :)

 Look what a pro handling that bat!

 
She was a little nervous about the bounce house. She popped right back out after her dad stuck her in (just like she did after we bought her a ticket to the one at the pumpkin patch). Dad going in with her warmed her up (couldn't do that at the Pumpkin Patch). She had a blast with him, and even started bouncing on her own.


Though I think she preferred holding his hands and going super high! I think the most fun was sliding out the entrance... My ankle is feeling a lot better, but still not 100%

Lily also had fun playing in the miniature house our friends had built in their backyard for their kids. I can't say as I blame her - it is super cute!



I would love a house like that. Isn't it darling!?

I am so behind on blogging when I think of all the posts I've wanted to do, but I don't really want to spend all my time on the computer. I reminded myself sewing Lily's costume that it isn't a good idea to stay up all night, even if that sometimes seems like the only way to get anything done.

I've been spending every spare minute lately preschool planning. I am really excited, though not quite ready to begin. I also recently made some new pillow covers to match our newish couch. I should have written a post when we got that because it is the first one we ever bought in our 9 years of marriage and replaced the purple love seat we'd been lugging around. Exciting to me :) It was also a fun trip with Mike in my grandpa's old truck to IKEA. We got a new lamp too - new to us - one of Mike's customers was getting rid of it and it was a more modern style to compliment our couch - score! I recovered the lamp shade to match the couch too. Yeah, I know that doesn't sound that exciting, but it was really bugging me to walk into our room to all this mismatched stuff. Like, really mismatched - our new couch is print with primary colors in it (so not what I would have ever have thought we would buy, but I love it), and then we had green pillows on our office chairs and purple plaid pillows that we were constantly pulling out to set hot plates on when we eat in our room... Eating pillows, if you will - if you've ever lived in a place too small for a kitchen table you probably know what I'm talking about. The lampshade was turquoise...So now they all match > next project: the curtains! We would have loved to get a cool new shelf unit too, but we'll save that for when we have a place of our own. We've learned from experience how each new place you live changes what you think you need. Anyway...enough blogging for tonight. I am in need of some sleep :)

3 comments:

brooke said...

how fun! and guess what? that's what my girls are this year too!! =)

Heidi said...

What an adorable costume!!! I miss the days when I got to pick what my girls were. Marianne wants to be a werewolf this year, for heaven's sake. A werewolf!

Ashley said...

CUTE costume, I love it! And I'd die to have a little house like that too, that's too cute for words!