Have you ever wondered where Max and Ruby's parents are? There are actually quite a few characters out there in children's literature and television where you never see the parents and sometimes there are no adults at all. You don't see the parents in these books:
Well, it's not just us parents who've noticed. Sometimes when we are reading one of these - Lily asks me..."Where's the baby's Mommy?" So I tell her - The mommy is taking the picture. Sometimes when I've look through our pictures I've had the same thought. I have about a gazillion more pictures of my child than I have of myself, or my husband. She is cuter. Maybe Max and Ruby's parents were always behind the video camera and didn't like the sound of their voices recorded... I know that feeling. It's just too bad that they got so obsessed with recording their children they kind of lost connection with them. I mean...Max hardly speaks and Ruby has completely taken over the role of responsible parent and she's still in bunny scouts! Sometimes you see Grandma, but she doesn't live with them and there is never any hint of the existence of a mom and dad. Poor little rabbits.
August on the Way Out
5 weeks ago


2 comments:
I've heard this comment before quite a bit! (Funny that Lily would notice. None of my kids has ever though twice about it.)
Of course, in the stuff for older kids (I just spent two weeks hearing Cartoon Network in the background) the only parents that you see are so stupid and inept you have to wonder how the kids in the cartoon survived babyhood.
I always just figured that their parents were dead and they live with their grandma now (I guess that is the dark side in me)...You could actually probably tell a lot about a person based on what they assume about Max and Rubys parents whereabouts :)
Post a Comment