Sometimes I wish I had a photographer following me around to capture some of those awesome 'mom moments' that happen all the time. Instead, I actually have few pictures of Lily and I, because I'm more of the picture taker in the family. I've tons of daddy daughter photos caught when the moment was just too cute not to run for the camera, but Mike does not think the same way even when he's around. And I usually don't like to ask for my picture to be taken. So I'll just write it down so I won't forget it.
Today it was just Lily and I in the backyard. I was raking up the little debris that was still left from our pine tree that fell, and Lily ran over and hugged my legs because she always gets nervous when our neighbors dog starts barking. Both of us were covered in colored chalk.
Those leg hugging episodes are pretty typical...sometimes it is frustrating when you're trying to get something done, but I know someday I will miss it terribly.
I drew a slice of watermelon on the sidewalk for Lily. My art degree is not totally unused. It must have been good because she said, "I like it!" swiped her fingers through the chalk and licked them. Then she went back for more.

1 comment:
What sweet moments! You described them better than a picture ever could. :) What a lucky girl Lily is to have a mom like you. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment