Sunday, January 24, 2010

One going on Two!


My little girl is growing so fast! She is 18 months this January. I took her for her well check-up this past week and she measured:

33 in. Height
Weight 21:08

My tall skinny girl.


Lily was so good and still while the doctor and nurse checked her out, and then got two shots. Mike and I were ready with her milk cup and hugs, but she didn't even cry! I usually give her Tylenol in advance, but the one time I forget it she does better than any other! She just sat there watching curiously as the nurse gave her one shot and then another. She didn't even flinch! I think Mike and I were a little amazed, and more than a little pleased with our brave girl! I still can't believe it. Unfortunately, after her nap she was cranky with a sore leg the rest of the day. I can't believe that next check-up she will be two years old!!!

Mike and I can't imagine our lives without Lily. It is hard to take care of her, but so worth it. She is so beautiful and amazes us every day.


 

Lily walks and climbs all over everything. She climbs up on the piano bench and down on her own and plays some sweet tunes in between.

She's never been a fan of being fed, and gets more coordinated with her fork and spoon by the day - when it's something she wants to eat anyway.

She can count to ten and sings good parts of the ABC song and recognizes at least half of the letters and numbers to name them. She knows all the names of the colors, but doesn't always match them up right.

She knows tons of animals and the sounds they make if they make any. She gives a pretty cute little roar.

 

She gets down on her knees to roll her cars and makes engine noises.

She pretends to talk on the phone and call her cousins Evie and Isaac - and sometimes looks in the pots and pans cupboard for them..?


 

She is starting to try to sing along with songs, and sometimes makes up her own into pretend microphones.

She has a pretty good vocabulary and is starting to put longer sentences together, and seems like she has a pretty good memory. She recently asked to play with the Aquadoodle excitedly, though we hadn't had it out in over a month, and the other morning as I was closing our bedroom door to head to her Dr. appt. she shocked me with: "I see mama get undressed . . . naked . . . dress . . ." !!!? Innocent and observant.


Things I love to hear her say and would love to have recorded to remember her sweet voice forever:

"Yes" - she says it so serious and cute, and only when she means it. (She used to only say no or repeat the word of something she wanted.)
"I love you" - again only said when she means it and it melts my heart every time! I especially love: "I love you, Mom, I love you. AND I love you, Dad."
"Sit?" - A question, but an insistent one as she points to the floor beside her. She is not such a fan of playing alone.
“Here you go” - All run together like one word, and sometimes used when she wants us to give something to her.
“Thank you”
"Happy Birthday, baby Jesus" - garbled, but adorable.
"To market to market to buy a pig"
Anything she tries to sing!


 

Lily is barely starting to color, but she started telling us what she is drawing sometimes. Ocean, fish, grass, a face. Totally unrecognizable, but I guess that's what they were :)

She puts her toys and crayons away really well, sometimes she enjoys getting them in and out of their containers more than actually playing with them.
 

She still hates being put in her crib, but she usually sleeps though the night once we've made the transfer, though lately she is waking a wee bit early for my taste. We got a crib tent to keep her from climbing out and getting hurt. In the morning she calls out for dad and mom, but recently she was saying something else we didn't recognize. Mike realized it was 'Rainbow' - the zipper to her tent (though white) is arched like a rainbow, and she wants us to 'Open, open' it.

Lily really loves baths, playing at the park, climbing on furniture, hiding in the pillows on our bed, being chased and swung around, cuddling and chewing on her pal Lamby.



Her favorite foods right now are mac and cheese, cheerios, fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereal bars.

Her favorite bedtime story is I Love you, Stinky face, her favorite show is Little Bear, and the song she falls asleep best to me singing is "Part of Your World."

I love my little angel, our own baby, girly girl, sweet cheeks, Lily!


1 comment:

Ruth said...

Such sweet pictures! I love her dress, too. Marianne is the same - tall and skinny. :)