Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We've moved!

So we've moved! In a way...

The ward boundaries have been changed, and we've moved back into the church building I went to as a kid. It's so nice to be able to walk to church again, and there's just this good feeling in the building - I guess because everything is so familiar to me. I know I will miss some of our friends who are now in other wards, but hopefully we can connect with them from time to time on other occasions.

Lily went to nursery for the first time. She looked so tall in her long dress, but she clung to me a good deal of the time. Well, not with a death grip or anything...she just stayed close by my side, grabbed my hand for an escort to toys across the room or past other children, and turned to me if another child was getting too close, or she hadn't looked up at me for a minute or two. I'm sure it will get better.

I'm looking forward to getting to know our new ward and feeling at ease once everybody's settled in. It's an adjustment, which is always a bit difficult, but I just have a feeling that it's going to be good. So I'm good.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Are you in the TOV ward again? :) I'll get to see you there when we visit!
Well, for most kids nursery does get better. But not for all kids. Kirsten is 2 and a half and my husband still has to go for the entire time with her, or she screams and cries like she's being killed.

Lots of fun. Sorry, you probably don't want to hear about that right now. I'm sure your kid will be better at it than mine is. :)

Lissy said...

We are in a different ward, but it's nice to be in the old building again. Feels like home.