Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trunk or Treating!

We hit up two Halloween celebrations this Saturday. My brother and his wife were on the Activities commitee for their trunk or treat and all of my family was going to be there so after checking out the scene at our ward's combined party, doing a little fishing, a little chit-chatting and getting our photo with a spooky backdrop, we ended the night over at the other party. 

We had so much fun, there are quite a few Yo Gabba Gabba fans out there though most of the people without kids had no idea who we were supposed to be. Lily even won the costume contest for the 6 year and under group at the second trunk or treat! She got a baby cactus and a big sparkly character lollipop. I think Mike had a good chance to win among the adult set, but they ended the contest with the teenagers. My sister-in-law Rebecca probably would've won if they'd held the adult one - or tied with Andrew. She made an awesome Ursula with Andrew as King Tritan and Evie as the Ariel from the Little Mermaid. They should totally do an award for the best family of costumes next year because there were a lot of families all dressed up together. I didn't get a good shot of them, but I found one from facebook to post because their costumes rocked! Or you can head over to ARE we having fun yet? on my blog list to see Rebecca's posted pictures.

Here are our pictures from the night!
 
 
 
 
Andrew and Rebecca
 
My niece 'Ariel' and nephew 'Max'
My niece baby 'Ruby'
 
 
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN 2009!

4 comments:

Francesca said...

You made those costumes?! Wow, you are one talented woman! You guys look so cute!

Kaci said...

Your costumes were amazing!! I can't believe that you made all of them. You are the crafty queen. When I have time, I'd love to craft it up with you guys!

Ashley said...

Wow! Lily's costume is ADORABLE! I should hire you to make my Halloween costumes next year. :)
I say this even though I can't stand the Yo Gabba Gabba show. Kirsten watched it once, and I thought it was so creepy! But I love your costumes still. :)

Lissy said...

Ashley -that is hilarious! I was totally weirded out by Yo Gabba Gabba too - though my niece loved it, and Mike and I would always avoid it, but then Mike sat down and watched an entire episode and suddenly it was his new favorite show. With that and seeing that Lily absolutely adored it I gave it a shot, and now I totally love it too. It has some great music and great simple lessons for little kids. Did you know the Schroeder uncle was one of the creators? Look up: Lovely, Love my Family by the Roots - I totally love that song right now.