So being away from Lily for one week I was amazed at how much she grew! She can almost turn the doorknobs. She is talking more and communicating more in her own way. And she looked different! I had forgotten how beautiful she is. It really struck me, anyway, when I saw her again. Pictures are cute, but her smile in person! and her sweetness just about knocked me over I missed it so much!
Lily has taken to grabbing someone's hand and leading them off to explain what she wants from them. We have a mini fridge in a cabinet in my parents kitchen. Lily took Grandma's hand, led her over to the cabinet, opened the door, opened the fridge door, pointed to the watermelon on the shelf and said "I wantdat." She got what she wanted and was quite content.
On Monday my sweet sister-in-law Rebecca was watching her over at her house in the morning. Lily said "Hand!" grabbed Rebecca's hand, led her over to her car seat by the door, said "Seat", led her out to the car, and out at the car said, "Home?"
Mike took Lily to the Legoland Aquarum and the Wild Animal Park while he was acting the role of single dad, and got her to say 'sting ray' and 'shark' and some other fish and animal words I hadn't heard her say before but can't remember. She did really well overall I think, but I'm glad to know she missed me, and Mike definitely missed me. I can't wait until I can just hug and hug her without worrying about exposing her to extra radiation. I'd rather be overcautious than feel like I didn't do everything I could to protect her from going through what I am now. I just hope she will still want to snuggle with me after not getting to this long!*
*A couple of weeks is longer when you're only 16 mos old, and to a mom apart from your kid at any age!


2 comments:
She is soooo cute! I don't think I can say it enough!
Thanks for your comment on my blog! Your blog is darling and your little girl is adorable. Thanks again!
Post a Comment