Sunday, November 1, 2009

Annual Halloween Party

Every year my family gets together at Halloween to eat, decorate cookies, and carve pumpkins, but what it's really about is - The Great Pumpkin! I'm not talking about Charlie Brown though we have huge fans of his around here. I'm talking about a real life Great Pumpkin! At least that's what it's getting to be now that the oldest grandchild is the ripe old age of 4!  

When we were babies my parents thought it was so fun to stick us in the pumpkins once they were carved and take our pictures. Though many of these pumpkin pictures depict very unhappy protesting babies, those same babies grew up to do the same thing to their own little ones! Not exactly torture, though it sometimes does elicit tears. I really did not want to take it to that level. Lily helped scoop out the goop this year, and though it was way past her bedtime she was just fine standing behind the pumpkin for pictures. Unfortunately, when I lifted her up I bonked her head a little on the light above the pumpkin so though not really injured or really afraid of the pumpkin - we got a crying shot this year. Don't her eyes look just like the pumpkin's in the second shot?

 
 
Here's a picture of the lovely lady and co-creator of this tradition with two of her lovely grandaughters, Evie and Lily.  By this point Isaac and little Miss Audrey, and even Grandpa were already happily snoozing.
COSTUME DEBUT!
Mike came out in his DJ Lance Rock costume at the party to the delight of the kids - so we all got dressed up just in case we didn't get to see everyone for Halloween. Here are the costumes! We went with a Yo Gabba Gabba theme because Lily and Mike and I have come to love the show, and Lily ever started saying Foofa - though it sounds more like Fafa. Mike was AWESOME as DJ Lance Rock - it was like it was meant to be. Lily was Foofa, of course, and I went as a dancing kid. My name is Lissy - I like to dance! Let's break it down now!

 
 
 
I didn't get a photo of me, but I'll post some pictures of trunk or treating soon. Gotta get this pink cutie into bed!

No comments: