Who knew you could make new friends when you're shut up in a room avoiding everybody...? Well I did. Meet my new friends Owl and Turtle.
These are my presents to myself - made with a Simplicity pattern out of leftover fabric I had from quilt projects. They were both so cute I just couldn't decide between them - so I made two. I was in desperate need of a new pincushion. The old one I was using was ugly and disfunctional, totally top heavy and constantly tipping over - a pincushion in a cheap mini basket with part of a bunny's dress hot glued to the side where I cut off the bunny years ago - blah. So I am very happy to have these new pals holding my pins for me.
If there is one good thing about having to be away from my family for a week it was having time to plug away at my backlog of sewing projects. I also made a new ironing board cover and a Christmas stocking for Lily since of course I didn't get around to that last year. I decided to get a different fabric for part of it so I'll wait to post a picture when it's finished.
I am most excited to announce that I finally finished Lily's quilt!!! I had the top done and ready to quilt before the little lady was born with the mistaken idea that I would have plenty of time to finish it up during her endless baby naps. Wrong! - my baby hardly took naps in the day, and if she did - they were not long and I was either tackling laundry or napping myself. Makes me super grateful for the one 2 hour nap she now takes regularly each day.
Anyway, now she will be getting her quilt for Christmas. I have been on the verge of finishing this for ages, but other projects with deadlines kept cropping up, like a special family tree birthday quilt for my mom, and Halloween costumes of course - not to mention life! I just needed some focus time - so I took my opportunity!
Here it is - the pattern is snails trail. I love the name, and it just seemed like such a fun swirly kooky pattern perfect for a baby. If I had my way I would have used reproduction baby prints from the depression era, but they are hard to find and expensive, and I wanted all the colors to harmonize. I love quilts and have always looked forward to making them for my own children. So excited to be done with this one!
Here it is - the pattern is snails trail. I love the name, and it just seemed like such a fun swirly kooky pattern perfect for a baby. If I had my way I would have used reproduction baby prints from the depression era, but they are hard to find and expensive, and I wanted all the colors to harmonize. I love quilts and have always looked forward to making them for my own children. So excited to be done with this one!
(The purple in the background is a different quilt it's just sitting on.)

5 comments:
Your pincushions are absolutely adorable! And the quilt is lovely. Someday I will stop being amazed by your never-ending talent--or maybe I won't. :0)
BEAUTIFUL quilt! I love the swirl design. Doesn't it feel great to get projects finished?! Those pincushions are adorable too!
You are such a good seamstress! The pin cushions are adorable and the quilt is amazing!
Wow, you are so talented! Those pin cushions are the CUTEST and your quilt is beautiful!
Awesome! I love your quilt, your pincushions, everything! Awesome work. :)
Post a Comment