Having a baby is not all smiles. (It totally caught me off guard how hard it is - as anyone who saw me in those first few months could probably tell!) However, as I went through my photos of Lily to find these grouchies it totally made me smile! She's my angel and always will be through good times and bad. I'm lucky to have such a good happy kid, she really is a sweetheart a majority of the time. It occurred to me one day..."When you're having a bad day with your little one - just remember: at least you know how to wipe your own butt." I think we sometimes forget how rough kids have it. Yeah their job is to play all day and they don't have to clean up most of their messes, but it's tough being small and having to rely so much on someone else, and to adapt to so much that is new and constantly changing. I definitely tend to have a hard time with that last one. Kids are amazing in so many ways and it's no surprise the Savior counseled us to be like children.
I'm so thankful to have Lily for a daughter. Today has been especially enjoyable. I think with the medical issues I've been going through, and knowing I won't get to be around her all next week :( it's just in my mind to kiss and hug, and enjoy her as much as I can these next few days. I love this little girl!


1 comment:
I never thought about how rough kids have it. You're right!
Post a Comment