One of my favorite things about being a mom has been singing to my sweet baby. A captive audience - Ha ha! I don't have the greatest voice, but I've always loved to sing. I even used to make songs up as a kid. Some of them actually weren't half bad. Anyway, I've totally been expecting Lily to start protesting at being sung to as she was exposed to more quality music, and as she realizes she doesn't have to sit and put up with listening to me. Imagine my surprise when I'm rocking her in the dark after story time the other night, and as I've just paused from finishing a song - Lily asks for more! She says, "Song, song" (in her cute little questioning voice) until I sing her another. I was delighted! So, yeah - I know she's probably just trying to extend the bedtime routine a bit...but that's ok by me because I love that part of bedtime. Even more so since Mike has taken over some nights. I love cuddling with my sweet little daughter and helping her to relax at the end of the day, and it's so nice to think she enjoys that time with me too!
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago


4 comments:
What a precious pic of Lily and her lambie! : )
I feel that way about my singing too. I hope my future babies love it!
Thats funny, when I sing to her at night she says "Dad, DAD!" as in stop singing, so I stop and then she goes to sleep.
Cute! I love those pictures of her, sleepy babies are just the cutest things. Sounds like you're a wonderful mommy!
Post a Comment