Friday, October 23, 2009

Growing up

Well Lily had her 15 month checkup and is growing up, but not out. She is a skinny little thing - though the doctor said 'she wore it well'. I guess that means she doesn't look like a stick. She seems perfectly healthy to us, and smart too - so I shouldn't worry. She has only been sick once and got over it quick. But I am her mom and a worrier, so it's hard to help. Anyone have suggestions for getting your kid to eat? Meal plans? schedules? anything? Feeding this girl is my least favorite thing right now - not that I don't feed her, I just come away from it frustrated and not knowing what different to do.

On another note this girl is getting cuter everyday. And coming out with words that make us say - where did you learn that! No, not cuss words... The other day, for instance, Mike was downstairs with her and getting ready to write a check when she pops out with "checkbook." I am sure she has not had much experience around checkbooks, and Mike wasn't telling her about what he was doing. He was stunned, and so was I when told, but not doubting - this girls can answer about most common animals and the sounds they make and name all the parts of the face including tongue and teeth. It is amazing to me to see this tiny person walking around and doing all these incredible things - wish I could learn as fast as a kid!

The last couple of times we have gone to the park Lily suddenly loves the swings! She was so not into them before - preferring the slide and tossing bark or just watching the other kids. Now she almost cries when we take her out - and we let her swing for quite some time! Here are some pictures from our phone that we took the other day.

 

1 comment:

Francesca said...

Awwww, that is just too cute!