Monday, October 19, 2009

Bates Nut Pumpkin Picking

  We spent a couple of hours at Bates Nut Farm Saturday. Man it was hot! We shoulda woulda coulda gone to the beach! We had a good time though and kept to the shade as much as we could. Here's a bunch of photos of the day!    
  I put ponytails in Lily's hair while she was watching TV, this was her reaction we she saw herself in the mirror later. 
She got over it.
 
Cute pigtail pictures
 
 
 
 
 
  Lily napped in the car on the drive to Bates Nut Farm. When we plopped her down next to a sea of pumpkins I think she felt a little overwhelmed! What alien planet is this? It's so fun and funny to see kids experience things for the first time.
 
I thought that little face was so cute!

Here's some pictures of us fogies too...
 
  
 
 
Farmer Mike
and the Pumpkin heads 
 
 
  It was a fun outing! We sure are glad to have this little pumpkin in our family. Life is certainly sweeter and tangier with Lily in it. 
Later:
  Actually maybe we shouldn't have tried going to the beach. We ended up turning around when we saw this:
  
  Weird how the weather can be so different from Carlsbad to San Marcos! We probably could have done it had we started sooner. Bummer...but still I love California - awesome weather for the month of October - no fear of snow on Halloween! A coat just ruins a costume - I've so been there :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the pigtails! First pigtails are so much fun! And you got some great pictures at the Pumpkin patch! Gotta love Bates Nut Farm.

Francesca said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I can't wait to have my own toddler for pigtails and pumpkins.