Here's the sound recording of Lily telling her own made-up story:
I guess I should have just done video because I had to make it into a movie to share it, but I think Lily was more herself without the camera in her face. She does start off silly, but then, she does that a lot :) The photos are from August too, but the recording was later - at our kitchen table.
I put the text of the recording below (yes, there were parts where I couldn't understand her either. Lily likes doing weird baby talk frequently these days and sometimes just tries to make it sound like she's talking when she's not sure what to say.):
Lily: Go!
Me: Ok, tell it to me.
Lily: The race car goed and knocked the... (wierd high pitched talking)
Me: What?
Lily: (More made up noises instead of real words)
Me: Okay?...
Lily: ...and then, and then the computer knocked it over (More ???...)
Me: I can't understand you when you use that voice.
Lily: And then an eagle comed from the sky!
Me: An eagle came down from the sky?
Lily: Yeah! And it crashed everything!
Me: What did it crash?
Lily: It crashed houses, with people inside them.
Me: Really!?
Lily: Yeah
Me: That's a big eagle!
Lily: Yeah, it's the silver eagle (she looks around the room to get ideas for songs and stories - that was referring to a gold painted bronze eagle my grandaddy made long ago.)
Me: That's a gold eagle...(always correcting)
Lily: ..and then a yackle came..came by..
Me: A what?
Lily: A yuck (or)/yak (?) came by...
Me: A yuck? What's a yuck?
Lily: ...It has horns ...it has horns...
Me: What kind of horns?
Lily: like these horns (gesturing)
Me: On it's head?
Lily: Yeah, right here..
Me: Uh-huh... And what else?
Lily: And then it stomped!
Me: >Gasp<
Lily continues: ...on the houses!
Me: Oh my goodness...what hap--what did the people do!?
Lily: They tried to fix them, but they couldn't!
Me: Really, why not?
Lily: ...because they built rock houses.
Me: Oh...
Lily: ..and they couldn't fix their rock, and they couldn't fix their rock houses ..so..so they had to live with other people.
Me: Oh!
Lily: And then nothing came by...
Me: Nothing came by?
Lily: Yeah
Me: Were people scared?
Lily: No. They were just happy.
Me: For how long?
Lily: For 5 years. (5 is the ultimate number in Lily's mind right now)
Me: Then what happened?
Lily: Nothing!
Me: Were there any princesses?
Lily: No.
Me: Really?...Were there any lambs?
Lily: No. Nothing. Just nothing to do.
Me: Hmph. Not even eat?
Lily: Yeah, Everything crashed!
Me: That's an interesting story!
Lily: Now let's see if it recorded, Okay!?
She started singing this right after she told the story so I had to share it too...I guess she felt bad and wanted to take back all that crashing.
She cracks me up that at 3 years old she is worrying about growing up and living away from us...especially considering our current circumstances! I guess that is why she is always wanting to talk like and be fed like she's a baby. Sometimes, anyway. She's battling between baby and big girl right now...between when she wants our help, and when she wants to do it herself! She's growing up so fast and asking such smart questions!
I love my sweet girlie.
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago

1 comment:
Here is the interpretation of this story.
The eagle which is silver is American Eagle Silver Coins or any silver for that matter. It will destroy people houses financially. People will lose their homes and everything inside as wealth is transferred from paper currency to Silver and Gold. But primarily Silver as it is out preforming Gold.
Then the Yack which is really referencing Wall Steet will also add to the destruction of peoples assets and homes. Even though a house is not an asset but a liability.
People will then have to move in with family and friends even more than is taking place right now.
And in the end the houses will not be rebuilt or recover as peoples finances will not recover from the weight of debt, the rocks, and from the loss of jobs to china and other countries. So that is why there will be nothing.
I always knew children were prophetic and smarter then their elders.
Post a Comment