Friday, August 19, 2011

The New, The Improved

Lily's Cardboard Kitchen!
Here is the finished stove and sink! 

A couple close-ups:

Sink = New

Stove = Improved.

Getting a little use (Lily would not cooperate for pictures when I took these):




I finally finished these a couple of days ago. (Woo Hoo!) I think they look kind of retro with the black and blue. Lily was disappointed they are not pink. She is going through a pink phase. "Blue is for boys!" "No, no...this is baby blue, and blue is for everybody!" -- I feel kind of bad now... I was being a tight wad and didn't want to buy the extra large roll (they didn't have pink in the small size). Why I get caught up in a matter of like $6 difference when the rest of the project was made entirely from cardboard I got free and packaging tape and items I already had -- I do not know... I guess I am in perpetual save mode. I need to gain a little better perspective on 'the big picture' when I am out shopping. Plus, pink would have gone so much better with her apron and tablecloth... Doh! I feel bad, but no way am I re-doing them any time soon. The doors on that sink were too much work to cover -- I am just happy to check that project off my list! 


Lily played with them quite a bit today...after she was done playing superhero with her silky green tied quilt as a cape. She made me a delicious soup out of Mr. Potato head parts, 3 noses and a muscly arm in my bowl. She let me taste the flower and mustache in her bowl. Mm-mm good! When I was done she made sure to wash my dishes. I think she'll survive her disappointment! She did tell me she liked the striped shelf paper I made for the cupboard, but I don't think she got the duct tape circle drain. We had so much fun playing today we just skipped nap-time. I will have to post a sound clip of Lily making up a story that we recorded on my laptop this afternoon. Fun times! :)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun!! You are so talented, Lissy!!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about being a tight wad. I had to buy a 16 count box of crayola crayons last night and it was 1.12 as opposed to the 24 count that was .40. So what did I do? Bought the 24 count and ignored what the teacher had on the list. Yes, I really nickeled and dimed over a couple nickels and dimes.

Ashley said...

Oh wow! You are so creative it blows my mind! Great job!