Friday, September 30, 2011

Learning Time

I racked my brains and I think the lost Lily-lingo I had written down might have been this:

For one - Lily often prefaces anything she says with: "Mom, I have a question for you." (Question sounds like it's spelled with a 'c' and usually she just has something to tell rather than ask.)

The perpetual question:

Lily: "What today is it?"
following up with: "What day tomorrow will be?" and "What are we going to do on 'the-next-Day-of-the-week'?"

Lily used to ask this all the time - I was getting kind of tired of it honestly...so I made this calendar (below) for her so instead of answering her over and over she could learn to figure it out for herself. I guess my plan worked because she doesn't ask this nearly as much as she used to! Except for right as I was typing this. Oy Vey!


I still feel like I am missing some cute lost phrase. But, while I am posting something...Lily got her first ever black eye. Or as close to a black eye as she's had before. This is Day 2, and the best picture I have because she was not wanting me to take it. 


Not too bad, though it's kind of hard to even see in this picture. She walked into a wooden post out on the playground and really kind of scraped it more than anything, though it was pretty swollen up at first.

Also, Lily has started drawing some pictures that actually look like something! You'd think with 2 artists for parents we'd have been pushing art supplies on her from the time she could pinch her fingers together, but we really haven't. I am somewhat ashamed at how little I get out stuff for her to get creative with. Today she prompted it herself and we made pipe-cleaner spiders, and drew spider-webs and butterflies. Here's a drawing from the other day:


I can't remember all of what this is, but the big figure is me and right next to me - is a box of tissues with legs. I thought that was pretty funny. If you know me very well I do like to be near my tissues (chronic sinusitis).

Anyway, that is all I have to share for now. Got to go make dinner for my hard-working man! Happy Friday!

No comments: