Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A little random Lily Lingo

I haven't written about some of the funny things Lily says in a while, and lately there is a ton!

She's been making up songs, or combining 3 or 4 real ones in ways I certainly would never have thought to combine them. I love hearing her actually singing tunes now instead of just chanting like she used to! I always made up little songs as a kid so it’s extra fun hearing her do it :)

Lily singing a made up song as we put the Christmas ornaments away this year: "I'm gonna check these candy canes...It's my favorite good id-ea!" She loves candy canes. I wish I could communicate the tune!

Yesterday: "Yo Ho Yo Ho when I hug my mommy!" (repeated)  I think that is a combination of "Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate's Life for me", "When my mother calls me quickly I'll obey", and "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home." It made me feel loved.

Lately she's been saying "That's the idea!" (The way she delivers it is killer)

She's also been saying "I don't and I do." sometimes when I ask her a question, like: "Do you want to start potty-training?" (-- I must say, I feel the same way.)

Other random little things:

"I'm gonna wear my brown shoes, and you wear your brown shoes, and we'll be twinners!"

"I wanna go to the store and get a stuffy stuff toy!" Her description of that was straight out of little bear: sharp claws, long fur, and pointy teeth!

Talking very seriously to me: "Sometimes things go wrong." Love those words of wisdom from my 2 year old!

Lily: "Let's fight over my cupcake (muffin) together!"
me: -not sure what she just asked me to do- "Cheers!"
Lily: "No mine!"
me: -confused-
Lily: "Now you say: No, mine!"
me: "Oh, you want to fight!? I'm not really a fighter..."
Lily: "Yes, we are fighters!" (I wasn't gonna argue with that.)

One day I was singing a couple of lines from this catchy little song Mike made up for Lily. I got to a part I couldn't remember and Lily chimed in with a rhyme - not the actual lyrics, but it was so cute that she picked a rhyme of her own!

me: I'm a dragonfly, soaring though the sky...
       I've got four wings, and...
Lily: ...a sweetie pie!

This was funny to me...
me: "Do you like honey?"
Lily (seriously): "No, I like vegetables."
(Whatever! She doesn't like either!)

Lily pretty much just knows snakes from drawings in books and the cartoon character named 'No feet' on Little Bear. One day I asked her:

me: "Would you be afraid of a real snake?"
Lily: "No."
me: "Real snakes might bite..."
Lily: "Actually, snakes don't bite - they say hello to you!"
me: "Cartoon snakes say hello to you, but real snakes don't talk, and they might try to bite you."
Lily: "I would say hello to it."

Lily loves to play hide and seek, but she'll usually keep hiding in the same place every time, and she doesn't quite get the seeking part - even with Mike calling to her from where he's hidden. She just loves to be tickled, to hide under the pillows and blankets with her dad, to shriek in pretend fear at the Mommy monster or Mike's hand-spider, but if you jump out from somewhere and really startle her she might cry. I think I've even done that as an adult a couple times though come to think of it :)

Our kitchen is often "The spooky forest" A witch lives there.

Lily still says restaurant -kind of like astronaut: "Resternaut" One day we made menu's for 'Lily's Resternaut' and she set up a couple of tables and served all her dolls. I helped her draw the menus, but she picked the menu items and prices. Just a couple: You might think this was a regular place with macaroni and cheese and cheeseburgers going for $4 or $6, but make sure you know what your paying before you order... a Peanut butter sandwich - $40, Salt - $4, Lemons - $3. I liked her $10 "Lily's famous flying pizza" and the special on the front: "Two cups of spooky Halloweens" a bargain at $4.

 Thank you for coming!

5 comments:

S&F Seminario said...

I have to say that having a girl first has been a blast for me because when they are as verbal as yours and mine are, you have CONSTANT entertainment AND stimulating conversation in one. Gotta love it!

Heidi said...

Too cute!! I love reading the funny things she says.

Jennie said...

Lilly is the best! And kudos to you for remembering all those great quotes. Its a treasure trove!

Lissy said...

Gotta clean all those little scribbled down notes off my desk once in a while :)

Francesca said...

Made me laugh! You have great entertainment.