Thursday, January 20, 2011

School!

 
Lily's first day of preschool.

Lily and I started attending a Mommy and me preschool with 2 of her cousins, her uncle and her aunt. It's just one day a week, and all the parents come too, well one for each kid. So far we've only been to 2 classes, but it's so much fun! I think it's going to be a good experience for both of us. Lily's learning how to get along with other kids close to her age, and I'm hoping she'll join in the group activities as she gets more used to it. So far she refuses to dance during music and movement (No!) or to join in Ring around the Rosy (though I can't really blame her there - it's a large group with all the parents and there isn't really room). 

Here's a little video clip from the freeze dance:



Note: Lily sitting on the sidelines, Aujinay - master of the dance, and even little Audrey who is still learning to walk bopping in the back! They are so cute! I wonder if Lily will get the desire to join in with the others or if she just likes to keep out of the spotlight (kinda like me)... The funny thing is when you're the one kid sitting it out you kind of stand out more than you think, and you miss a lot of fun. Well, we'll see how it goes. Maybe once she feels among friends she'll take after her dad and not be afraid to make a fool of herself (one of the things I love about him!). It will be interesting to see!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks like fun!! I bet she'll warm up with time.