...when they're asleep. My parents always used to say that about us kids to tease us. It is so true...there is just something about a sleeping baby/toddler/child face!
And boy is nap-time a welcome break! I just wanted to remember (when she is big and grown) how much I love putting Lily to bed. She's been fighting bedtime and nap time for a while, but she's still a good kid and eventually goes to sleep. Lily loves to play hide from the "Mommy monster" at bedtime with her dad, shrieking and giggling under the pillows and blankets on our bed. But when it's just us two, usually at nap time or as she's finally settling down at night, she gets so cuddly! We read stories and she still loves for me to sing to her, and rock her in our glider chair. I love doing it, too. She pulls out the mini children's songbook I have stuck in the side pocket of the chair and asks me to sing out of it. I can't read music so I always have to flip to songs that I can remember the tune to. I love that time together. It's probably my favorite time in the day.
Had to throw in this photo of when Lily was a baby. I just love the chubby cheeks, and those are cut off socks pulled on over her short sleeved pajamas.... You get creative in the middle of the night when you are cold and tired and want to keep your baby warm, but don't want to wake her to put on warmer pajamas.



2 comments:
The cut off socks is a great idea! Too bad I didn't hear about that one when I still had babies.
I totally agree! Sleeping baby faces are the most precious.
Love the sock idea. I might try it on my baby's legs.
Post a Comment