I finally got Lily to blow on her hot food (instead of always making Mike or I do it for her) by telling her she needed practice to be able to blow out her candles to get her wish for her next birthday. (Can you believe it, she blew on her own food!?)
A few moments later:
Lily: I just want a ray gun for my birthday.
me: We usually don't give ray guns to kids.
Lily: I just want toys for my birthday. (That's what I like to hear!)
Don't know how this subject came up, but...
Lily: Do you eat people? (with her little silly grin)
me: People! No, yuck!
Lily: Actually, I eat people! (giggling)
Just for fun I told Lily a little about cannibals. I tried to get her to say: "We aren't cannibals." But of course she said: "I am a cannibal!"
The conversation went on...Lily can ask a ridiculous amount of questions. At some point your eyes will start rolling back in your head and you will feel like you might suddenly drop to sleep from the effort of trying to answer them.
Here's just some of the questions from our conversation that I can remember:
Lily: I'm a cannibal...
What's a cannibal?
Where do they live?
Lily: (after describing all the parts she would put together to make an elephant)
What do elephants eat?
Elephants don't eat leaves!
Elephants don't eat peanuts!
Elephants don't eat bananas! - Monkeys eat bananas!
me: Monkeys and elephants could both like bananas! (She's not too keen on the concept that 2 people could like the same thing)
Lily: Monkeys and elephants stick together.
me: Oh, yeah? They help each other?
Lily: They stick together with a balloon! With a balloon and glue!
They hide their bananas so any monsters won't get them? (batting those innocent eyes at me)
me: No, just to save for later maybe.
Somewhere at this point my eyes were beginning to lose focus so I had to cut the conversation short and tell her to finish her lunch.
August on the Way Out
5 weeks ago

3 comments:
Silly fun conversations-- these will be gems to remember later, it's so good that you are writing them down! (Wish I had done more of that.)
That was so cute! I love it when kids have conversations like that with you. They can be taxing because of all the questions, but they are so funny.
That is too funny! I love hearing about all the hilarious things she says! She is so smart! In fact I just read in a book about toddlers that asking "why" about everything is a sign of an intelligent child.
Post a Comment