Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Not Like Christmas

Yes, I finally took down the decorations over here. Decorating for Christmas is way more fun, but I'm also always glad to see them go. It's nice to have our living room back with room to dance and play, and nice not to worry about Lily breaking any of Grandma's ornaments or constantly asking for candy canes. Plus the decorations just aren't the same after Christmas is over. The thrill is gone. Especially here in sunny California where it's already feeling like spring. 

So why did it take us halfway through January to get them down? Well, nobody felt like doing it. We've all been sick over here. We keep starting to get better and getting sick all over again. Pretty much since mid October, though each of us to varying degrees. Lily has been pretty lucky so far. We were all lucky to have been better right around each holiday, miraculously. Boy am I sick of being sick! Tired of being chapped and congested. Tired of having to sleep in weird positions to try to breathe - it's like the uncomfortable sleep of being pregnant without the baby to look forward to. There's just nothing good about having a cold...unless it's to make you grateful for not having one all the time. I started to feel like I'm doomed to have one all the time. I have been dreaming or visualizing being able to lay down and stretch out and take a real deep breath without body aches or throwing my sinuses all out of whack from the change in position - just reveling in being healthy and feeling good! I am so ready to be better! So ready to tackle the hundreds of things I would like to get done that I have just not been able to! I am feeling on the mend finally with a new medicine - hoping it sticks this time! The weather is getting warmer so maybe we'll get outside more and really be done with it! That's my prayer. If you are a praying person - prayers would be welcome! :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Prayers coming your way! I feel for you. Nothing makes just regular ol life feel quite so challenging than feeling perpetually sick.

Jessica said...

Prayers for your health are on the way!