Wednesday, December 1, 2010

O Christmas Tree


I think this is possibly the earliest my family has ever gotten our tree up and decorated for Christmas! Last night Lily and I made snicker doodles and peanut butter snaps with chocolate kisses on top, cranked up the Christmas music and she and Mike and my dad decorated the tree. Lily is big enough this year to do a pretty good job hanging ornaments. I didn't get too perfectionist about it and just let her go for it. I kind of hung back and watched for the most part, and it was pretty entertaining! How can you really mess up hanging such a variety of family ornaments anyway? I think the more laid back you are about stuff like this - the more fun you have. I mean, who cares if there are 6 candy canes on a single branch?


I've always had a hard time getting good pictures of a lighted artificial Christmas tree.

 The same group of decorators, and the same lighting dilemma last year. 

I just love looking back.

 My baby!

The tree looks awful with the flash, but the people are all blurry without it. Throw in the complication of a fast moving child who only cooperates through so many takes of me experimenting with different camera modes, and this is the best I can get.


This one actually looked kinda cool, maybe...

Any suggestions from more professional photographers are welcome! Got an affordable compact camera that takes great photos in low lighting - let me know! :)

Lily Antics.

Cookie face.

Random funny one.

My Dad helped Lily get started decorating this mini tree too, and then let her take over...



 The cheese.

 A real smile!

 Decorating to her heart's content.

 This is the result:

 

Now, isn't that a much better conversation piece than if it was all perfectly done? I think it's way more fun to let your kids handle the decorating!

Lily's all ready for Christmas!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I always let my kids handle the decorating (once they're old enough to actually hang stuff on the tree instead of run off with it). I put the breakable ornaments and ones with high sentimental value up high and let the kiddos do the rest. They do a spectacular job :-) And the Christmas tree is for them, really, not so I can have a model-pretty Christmas room. Besides, our tree is in my bedroom, and the clothes and other junk strewn everywhere kind of kill the magazine photo spread effect anyway. (Only one or two more years until we are out of the toddler-pulling-the-tree-over stage and then we could probably put in back in the living room again. But by now my kids think the tree belongs in my bedroom. Hmmmm.)

Ashley said...

I love her decorating skills! And your tree looks gorgeous!