I haven't been blogging very much, and may not be for a couple of weeks. I've still got this dang cold and have been trying to force myself to rest so I can finally be rid of it. Just when I thought it was getting better it hit me again full force, but I am just starting to feel better again so this time I want it to stick! It probably didn't help that I lugged all the Christmas boxes in last night in the cold. (But I am glad to get going with the decorating) Yes, it is actually cold here in California this winter. Colder than I am used to now, anyway. We've been using our space heater at night, and sometimes in the day, and there's been frost on the ground in the mornings. Soon we will be in a much colder place and I hope we are prepared for it. We're going up to Washington for a week to celebrate an early Christmas with Mike's family. We are very excited! It's been too long since we visited, and they are all waiting to shower Miss Lily with love! Lily is so excited to go see her Grandma Elsie and make a snowman and go sledding, though I'm not totally sure she gets what sledding is. I know she doesn't get how cold it's going to be, but I hope she will have fun with it. We got her a little snow suit and coat and she looks very cute in it. Hopefully it will keep her toasty warm. Mike and I got new coats too. He thinks his looks kinda gangster, but it looks good on him. I don't think he could ever really look gangster. I just couldn't bring myself to get a bulky one like he did, mine is feminine and cute - I just hope it will be warmer than my old coat. It's part wool so that should do the trick, right? It was just so classy and cute I fell in love with it, and I wanted something I could wear around here too, so I got it. I will layer up with thermals and sweaters so it will probably be fine. After all I did used to make it with my old thin coat and there was no wool at all in it. I just think maybe I could take the cold a bit better back then...I've gotten wimpy. So anyway, in-between trying to rest I am rushing to get ready for Christmas, our trip, and keep up with all the normal things that keep the mother of a toddler crazy busy. We got all the decorations out last night and started putting them up until we were almost sleep-decorating. I tidied up today and plan to put all the ornaments on the tree tonight. I wanted to make sure Lily got a chance to decorate because Mike's mom will already have her tree up before we get there. She was
so excited to help decorate! She kept running around hugging and kissing us where she could reach up to - which was on our back pockets. We did ring around the rosy around a tiny tree singing 'Oh Christmas Tree' and she loved it. This morning she helped me mix up 2 small batches of cookies to bake for tonight and it was so fun. She can't resist trying the cookie batter and even tasted the flour - twice! It cracks me up the things Lily will and won't eat, crazy kid. I wish you could hear her weird high pitched baby voice when she is excited and goofy - it is so funny! And I love her version of the sunbeam song: "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, for-ever!" She can be cranky and stubborn, but this is a really fun age over all. I can tell it's going to be an extra fun Christmas.
1 comment:
Have a fun and safe trip!!
Post a Comment