Sunday, December 5, 2010

This is December

The other day was such a warm break from the cold spell we've been having - it was like a gift from heaven. I just had to get out in it -- thinking maybe soaking up the sunshine would get rid of the last of my never-ending cold! I feel so much better, but it's just not totally gone. So Lily and I packed a lunch and headed to the park for a picnic. It was a good time.



Lily got a little bit braver than usual - trying to climb up different ways. and going around the equipment to climb up without having to cling to my hand! She even ventured around for a little while with another little girl her size. It was so cute to watch. Lily needs friends so much. Every day she wakes up thinking it is going to be Christmas, and her friends (her cousins) are all going to come over to play. I think that's kind of cool that that is what she is most looking forward to about Christmas! "Mom, my friends are downstairs!?" Every day after her nap. Sorry kiddo, not today :(

(Lily and her cousin Evie playing sleepover Thanksgiving weekend)


 
Lily: "Mom, it's Christmas-time!?" at some time every day. Me: "Yup, it's Christmas time! Christmas is coming soon!" This is why sometimes I just wait until right before something happens to let her know about it - avoids the persistent questions and the disappointment if it doesn't happen they way it was planned. Our ward had a Christmas party last night I found out about at the last minute. We went to the church building at they time we were told, but there was no party. Lily was starting to get very disappointed. Luckily it was just at another building and we still got to go. She was so excited when people started singing up by the stage. She really wanted to go up and give her rendition of Jingle Bells, and I think she might've gotten up the nerve to go ask the man at the microphone if Mike hadn't held her back. I bet he would have let her try. She did get brave enough to go sit with her nursery friend Bailey at the front of a group of kids who were sitting on the floor... until Bailey ran off to find her mom and Lily ran straight back to me.

I signed us up for a Mommy and me preschool for the winter, just one day a week. Rebecca did the program with Evie, and is enrolling Aujinay in it now. I am excited. I think it will be really good - for both of us! It will give Lily guaranteed time with other kids at least one day during the week, and give me more ideas for things I can do in our preschool at home - which hasn't been much of a preschool with me feeling under the weather. Our new year is already going to bring on several new beginnings - preschool and potty training. Should be fun :)

 "Surprise!"

 "This is Mary, this is Joseph!" 
If Mary and Joseph were reindeer and they both got to ride.

2 comments:

Rebecca May said...

I just can't get over how stinkin' cute our girlies are!! I am SO excited about mommy and me too!! Here's to fun and new adventures!

Heidi said...

The hardest part about Christmas time with littles is that they don't understand that all the decorations and festivities start quite a while before Christmas Day arrives. Brie is having a horrible time with it right now. She asks me every day how many days is it until Christmas, then if it's a long time (to which I always answer yes) and then the pouting begins, followed by the wailing and gnashing of teeth because she just can't wait any longer.

*sigh*