Well, we've been back from vacation for almost a week now, but I kind of felt like taking a longer vacation from the blog. Plus Lily got a stomach virus after we got back... and that and other things have kept me busy this crazy time of year.
It was nice to get away and see the other side of our family again, and oh, so fun to play in the snow! I must admit - I am not a big snow fan. I grew up with it, but a week's worth is usually good enough for me! ...However, since we've been home and it's been cold and rainy in southern California - I've actually been missing it! I guess it just seems like if it's going to be cold we might as well have some snow to play in! And snow has the advantage of not getting you quite as wet as this rain.
It was nice to get away and see the other side of our family again, and oh, so fun to play in the snow! I must admit - I am not a big snow fan. I grew up with it, but a week's worth is usually good enough for me! ...However, since we've been home and it's been cold and rainy in southern California - I've actually been missing it! I guess it just seems like if it's going to be cold we might as well have some snow to play in! And snow has the advantage of not getting you quite as wet as this rain.
Lily did so good on our trip. She constantly amazes me. Maybe because I hear horror stories and imagine all the things that could go wrong that I'm pleasantly surprised? Maybe she just gets so bored at home that anything different entertains her so well that she's an angel. Well, she wasn't an angel the entire time, but she took so well to her grandparents she hardly ever sees, slept great - even with enthusiasm in an unfamiliar place, and had a blast playing in the freezing cold snow!
Photos from Lily's first snowman building experience (Mike's parents backyard):
Lily, Grandma, Granddad and my cute husband.
Ready to drop!
I was totally thrown when Lily dropped to the ground to make a snow angel all on her own. Where did she learn to do that!? It was hilarious because one moment she was working on the snow man and the next she was on the ground making a snow angel like she just knew all the ways to play in the snow and she didn't have any time to lose!
Snow Angel
I've got more photos to post and memories to record, but that will just have to wait for another day!













3 comments:
Cute pictures! I haven't been to the snow in years...I'm glad that Lily reminded me how to play in the snow for the next time we go!
How fun for Lily!! My kids would love a snow play day. Marianne & Jared haven't played in the snow since we lived in Sanders (probably 5 years ago now) and Brie and Kyle have never had a chance.
I'll bet that Lily learned to make snow angles from watching Litle Bear!! Glad you had a nice visit!
Post a Comment