Friday, June 29, 2012

Sisters

I love taking photos of Lily with her new sister. Lily is a little more agreeable about having her photo taken these days with the baby here too. A couple of times as I've pulled out the camera she's protested my taking her picture and I've said, "Ok, I'll just take some of your sister..." and then suddenly she wants to be in the picture again! Oh yes, there is a hint of sibling rivalry already in the air! Lily is super sweet to her sister. Though she doesn't like to be called "Big sister." She declares: "I'm not a big sister, I'm not a big brother, I'm not a little sister! I'm Just Lily!" I try to bite my tongue as she interacts with the baby, but it's tough. She just doesn't always realize how strong or heavy she is in her delight over her sister. I love to hear her giggle over something Sierra has done and how cute she is! Here's an onslaught of sister photos from Sierra's first month or so:

First day home. 
After visiting us in the hospital my mom told Lily Sierra would be coming home the next day. Lily asked, "And will she be here the next day, too?"



Singing made up songs to entertain Sierra
























Makes me think back to these ones taken by my dad...




Sisters are so awesome. I'm glad Lily and Sierra will have each other as they grow. Of course my sister and I were a lot closer in ages. Check this out - in cribs at the same time...



My mom said she'd come in and find us 'talking' to each other this way in the morning. Lily and Sierra are a few extra years apart, but I hope they'll end up being close sisters. It's good to have someone else to talk to whose been through almost the same experiences as you having grown up in the same family.

I know I have some more cute sister photos since I started this post (Sierra is just growing cuter), but I'll have to go through them later - got to get back to my girls :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Fun stuff! Cute girls.