Thursday, June 14, 2012

First Bath

Sierra's first bath:
--By the way this is looking back. Don't worry, we aren't just getting around to bathing our baby - I'm just getting around to blogging about it :)

Getting ready!
Sweet love from her big sister

No photos from the bath itself - we didn't have any extra hands and were just focused on it being a good experience.
Getting dried off in her crib
Me with Sierra all dressed and dry, waving to the camera!
Lily was so cute wanting to help, and not too happy - as she expressed to us - to be stuck holding the rubber duck, but I'm glad that's all we had her do that first time! Sierra is great for baths - I think she really likes them. She doesn't cry like Lily did the first bath (and many others I can remember) so I think I got better at giving them. (I still remember Lily's little red face with the binky in her mouth and how nervous I was her first bath!) I was definitely more flustered last night when Lily really helped for the first time. Sierra ended up with water poured all over her face and cried for the first time in the bath, but it wasn't so bad or entirely Lily's fault - I'm just glad that wasn't the first time. I think we've established that baths = nice to Sierra. Despite her rocky start, Lily loves baths now too!

Lily had a blast splashing and playing with toys in the leftover bathwater while Sierra dried off.
Lily's first bath
( I didn't have a blog back then)

1 comment:

Francesca said...

I was nervous too bathing Caden for the first time, in the sink and in the infant tub.