I totally had plans to write a post dedicated to my husband as we celebrated our 10th anniversary, but I think we were too busy laying flooring together... I let it slide. He's so busy he hardly thinks to read this blog anyway, but I thought it would be a nice little something for him to come across when he did get around to it.
I think I've already written posts about how we met and how great he is in years past, so I wasn't sure what exactly I'd write about this time besides "Happy Anniversary" and "10 years! 10 years? Really?"...Feeling sorta old....
But lately it's just been coming home to me again and again in simple everyday ways how glad I am to have my dear husband as my companion. So better late than never!
I wish I was a really good writer so I could truly capture the feeling that I want to express, but I know whatever I say will fall short anyway. It's hard to express love in typewritten text. It's hard to nail down in words all those moments when it just hits you for one reason or other.
I just want you to know, Mike, how deeply grateful I am for your love in my life! For your hard work, your example, your devotion to your family, your good dreams and your good heart. I know this last 10 years hasn't gone the way we thought it would, but it's good to have you by my side! It's good to share so many dreams, ideals, and memories. It's good to look over and smile at you and know that if life isn't all that we hoped it would be, at least we're both putting our all into making it the best that we can. What more could you ask for, really? That's real love, all for you, and it's still growing! Love you my husband and friend!
1 comment:
Happy anniversary!! Hope the next ten are filled with more adventures and growing closer together!
Post a Comment