It's nap time, and this is what I'm determined to work on today:
Of all the things I could be spending my rare moments of child-free time on, yes - this is it. I made this little cardboard stove for Lily a long time ago, but it got badly faded, and she's grown...so while making the sink to go with it I made the stove taller. I plan to cover both with some paper I found at the Learning Store that's supposed to be fade free (we will soon find out). This is one of those projects that I started so long ago it's gotten to the point of: Finish it now or just throw it away!!! It took me one day to make the stove originally, so I don't know why it has taken me this long to do the other parts! I think because it's harder to work on stuff like this with Lily playing simultaneously at this age because now she wants to "help." And there is definitely more drive for a new creative project than an extended re-do like this. Lily still wants to play with it so I'd better just be done with it! I've been working on it a little here and there for the last couple of days. I just haven't had a long enough stretch of time to make real progress. I feel more like blogging than working on it so that is why I am on here posting about it so I feel like I can't go back on my plan. I already got my exercise in for the day (patting myself on the back) -- so no excuses there. I even got a little reading time in while I was exercising...and it's a book I've read before so I'm not tempted beyond my powers of self-control. I know I have a lot of cute pictures I could post, but I am determined to get this project done! So of all the things that we've been up to lately, this is what you get. Sorry! I am currently in the small appliance business.
A Little Lost
4 weeks ago


3 comments:
Such a cute project! I hope you get it all the way finished, nothing like a long-put-off task accomplished to make you feel good!
So much for that :) I ended up spending most of the time on a frustrating phone call to Kaiser. It looks pretty much the same today.
Super cute! :-)
Post a Comment