Uncle Alex finally came along and bought one cup. She gave him change from her new play cash register. She could even run debate cards - this is serious lemonade business!
Anyway - here's some pictures from the party. We finally settled on a candy-land theme because it could be pretty basic with bright colored balloons. I'm all about doing and spending as little as I can for the most effect. Lily loves candy and often wants to play the game, plus I found these ideas for cute and easy decorations on Parents.com. I just fell in love with the cake and it's 3 ice-cream cones!
Mine was not as professional as the magazine's, but it still turned out pretty cute!
My cute 3 year old :)
Determined to try the pink ice-cream cone!
Lily was so excited to try all the things on top of the cake. It was not so easy to cut a pretty piece, but the kids didn't complain!
We had some easy craft/activities - fruit loop candy necklaces to string and chocolate gingerbread man sugar cookies to decorate...
Lily was pretty concentrated on that cookie - it was covered with mounded up frosting and mini m&m's by the time she was through!
We had one organized game - like musical chairs on colored squares, but instead of taking anything away the kid on the color that was picked when the music stopped got a prize.
![]() |
| Lily and Hailey playing on the game board earlier on |
![]() |
| All the kids marching around to Lollipop Lollipop... |
Everyone got prizes :)
Mike was determined to get a bounce house and I'm glad he did, the kids had so much fun!
| Pause here to see more fun! |
![]() |
| Birthday Smiles! |
During all this Lily's 5-year-old cousin, Evie, and I separately explained to her that there will always be some people bigger and some people smaller (my dad overheard Evie's version and got the picture). Anyway Lily cheered up pretty quick...or maybe she was just distracted by all the fun, and falling CANDY!
Hitting the piñata:
The broken ice-cream cone piñata unexpectedly became the two cutest party hats!
The kids are what really made them cute!
Though my brother Andrew pulled it off pretty well too! :)
It was such a fun party and a nice day with family, friends, and my delightful little 3-year-old!
So glad to be the mom to this darling girl! :)
Opening presents and playing the day away:
These dress-up shoes were a hit! Lily's girl cousins all tried them on too.
![]() |
| Aujinay strutting around like she wears high heels everyday! |
It was fun to see Lily so excited about her ballet outfit and the couple of other inexpensive gifts I picked out for her. Makes me feel like I know my girl. :)
Thank you so much to everyone who sent gifts, and helped make Lily's day so super-sweet!
















































3 comments:
Glad she had so much fun and that everything went well!!
Love the cake! Such a cute theme idea.
What a great party and cute cake! Good luck getting through the 3's, hope it goes easier for you than it did for me with Kirsten. I was SO happy to see her turn 4! But I hope it's better for you! :)
Post a Comment