Friday, November 5, 2010

Too cute


I wanted to get a picture of Lily in her poodle skirt costume during the day because she just looked so cute, and I know she will grow out of it too soon for me. So we took some photos in the backyard the other day. There were so many cute ones. We walked out to the shady corner of the yard and when she turned around I said "Smile!" Lily said "Cheese!" - and made faces at me! Love my girl. She definitely has a sense of humor and a lot of personality. I'd think she could make a good actress - if she weren't so firmly grounded in her sense of self. Whenever you try to pretend she's someone else it's always "No! I'm Lily...!" Her imagination is growing. She has an imaginary friend named Bunna now. He's a boy, and Lily loves him! She says he's her boyfriend!


And she's getting better at following directions. I just have to be quick with the camera and try to keep her entertained.




Close-up of the poodle I made for her skirt.


Sometimes Lily looks so grown-up to me, and then sometimes she'll get an expression on her face that makes me think of a baby. You know how babies faces are... they are still totally oblivious to any kind of self-consciousness - and can't even quite control their own muscles yet, so their facial expressions seem exaggerated but they are really just pure emotion. (See baby smile above)



Lily loves picking flowers!


Love that cheesy grin!


Oh, how I love this girl!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That costume is just adorable! (Of course, so is the girl wearing it :-)

Jessica said...

Her costume is so cute!

k d L said...

she is SUCH a doll! i can't believe how big she is! seems like a few months ago we were playing in the back of sunday school and she was just learning to crawl! so cute! makes me sad how fast it goes! what an adventure.

Francesca said...

So adorable!