Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting Out!

It feels like I've been sick for a month and I think that is not really too far off. I had such a bad cold, (and Lily did too) that I haven't felt like doing much so blogging was definitely on the back burner. Though I think actually my last few posts I put up when I felt so sick I couldn't even sleep for coughing and blogging was the only thing I felt up to doing. I'm finally getting better! And Lily is even betterer than me. Just humor me on my grammatical faux pas :)

I just feel so grateful today for the wonderful friends and family in my life and with it being so close to Thanksgiving I thought a gratitude post would be appropriate. I should probably write down things I'm thankful for a lot more than I do!

I was concerned that Lily might have a UTI and wanted to get her in to see her pediatrician sooner rather than later. Mike was working, but both my mom and dad offered to help and when both Mike and I forgot to get the car seat out of the car my sweet sister drove over on her lunch break to install an extra one she had into my dad's car for Lily to use to get to the doctor. I felt so lame, it is so hard for me to ask for help, and then to make it worse by forgetting the car seat...Ugh! I felt terrible. But my family didn't make me feel terrible, they were so willing and sweet about helping us I couldn't have felt more loved! So I feel extremely grateful to have such a wonderful loving family and good neighbors I felt I could ask about borrowing a car seat from too. I am really lucky to be surrounded by so many good people. And I'm really excited to be going out on an actual date with my husband tonight to see Harry Potter! Life is good.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

What a great sister! Glad you are getting better. And I'm jealous you're seeing Harry Potter already.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, and Lily too. It's so hard to have sick kiddos, but it's a million times worse when mama is sick.

I hope your HP date was fun!!! (I get to go Monday, hooray!)

Lissy said...

My sister is the best! We traded babysitting Friday and Saturday so we could each see HP and it was so fun. I need to go on more dates with my husband! :)