I could write a history of my changing sleep habits, but that would bore you, and frankly, me. Let me just say...having kids changed it more, and it hasn't settled down yet.
There is a difference between being up in the night to tend to a baby who doesn't sleep through the night yet, to being up in the night to comfort a child who is sick - habit or adrenaline keep you going. It is a different thing altogether to be up in the night to a perfectly healthy child - who knows how to sleep through the night, but won't. The patience just doesn't come as easy. Especially when you are sleeping in the same room they are wailing in. I love my child, but even one night of sleep deprivation can do crazy things to me. Thank goodness I have some innate wellspring of self control. I have a lot more understanding now for parents who temporarily lose it (No, I am not condoning violence here, people). Whoa, the dreams you can have when you manage to drift off in the middle of all that ruckus, because that's one of the major changes in sleep habits from becoming a mom - you learn to sleep in an increasing number of uncomfortable circumstances.
Is she teething, testing? I do not know. This I know:
Sticking to a regular nap and bedtime schedule is very important. And...
I need a good night's sleep.
I'm going...
I'm going...

1 comment:
I know, that is SO rough! I really hope it gets better soon! Kirsten has gone from being a good sleeper to a terrible one, so I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to lose it too!
Post a Comment