We made a little discovery the other day. When you ask Lily a this or that question - her answer will always be whatever you said last. That doesn't mean you can actually get her to do or eat said thing if she doesn't want to...but you can get some fun out of it.
Do you want chocolate pie or broccoli? Bwockli
Ha! Hardly.
Lily likes dad better than mom, but mom better than dad - so it's OK.
I told my mom about this development this morning, so she immediately tested Lily:
Who do you like better - Grandpa or Grandma? Gwampa
Kinda backfired on her.
Lily does love her Grandpa! But I think she just wanted to see him since she hadn't yet this morning.
I promptly asked Lily if she loved mom or Grandma best. Grandma won out, but Grandma doesn't believe it's true. It's a tough call...she's a pretty lovable lady!
Lily is saying 'This one!' a lot these days! I try to get her to be more descriptive, but when she really wants something, now - that's the first thing out of her mouth. 'This one, this one!'
We went to Baskin Robbins the other night to get our favorite ice cream - a little celebration in honor of the end of Mike's no dessert for a month goal. Lily was in heaven with her little pink spoon. Last night when we put her in the car to go shopping she said 'Ice cream!' so excitedly. I felt sort of bad. That would have been much more exciting. She does really well shopping, though, she prefers to be out of the cart more and more. She just looks and looks at everything saying 'This one, this one!' a lot. Or 'Mickey Mouse, Elmo' or 'Kai-lan' if she recognizes them. She doesn't throw tantrums if I don't get her stuff though, I will say: yet... Oh, how I dread that. I won't imagine I'll be lucky enough to avoid those altogether. I vaguely remember throwing some back in the day. I'm sure my mom could tell tales.
We heard a baby crying as we rolled about the store and Lily said, 'Baby crying. Cry!' (though it's probably more like cwy) She makes the funniest pretend crying face and says cry in a sad crying voice at the same time. She said, 'Mom sad.' the other day when I was feeling kind of blue. I wasn't crying - she's either very perceptive or I wear my heart on my sleeve. She gave me the sweetest hug like she was all sympathy. Sometimes she asks, 'What's wrong?' probably because I ask her that in response to her pretend cry face. She popped up one morning in her crib asking that one. Mike turned to me and asked, 'Did she just say: What's wrong, dad?' Yup. Goodness, girl - where did that come from first thing in the morning? She usually calls our names, 'Wake up!' and 'Rainbow' (meaning the arched zipper of her crib tent she wants us to open). Rainbow is the one word I don't enjoy hearing her say - kinda like a good song you used on your alarm clock stereo one too many times. Otherwise, I am loving hearing Lily's sweet voice learning to say more things and revealing her personality more to me with each passing day. (As you can probably tell from this long post.) She's a good kid, and Mike and I are so glad to have her in our little family.

No comments:
Post a Comment