Friday, February 12, 2010

Well Met

In honor of Valentine's...

How I met mine:

Mike and I met in a drawing and painting class our last year at BYU. He says I laughed at his corny jokes and he was hooked. He was going to pass me a note to ask me out - now that would have been corny (circle yes, or no)! Honestly, I think a note would've scared me away...thank goodness another opportunity presented itself. 

We were walking down the hallway with our teacher after our first class and talking about the supplies we needed. Mike mentioned driving to the hardware store to get a masonite drawing board. Since I had no car I asked him if he wanted to split a board with me so we could both save money, and we made arrangements to go together to buy it and get it cut. We had so much fun talking as we were driving around to first one hardware store, and then another - the first had a broken saw. I remember feeling so comfortable with him, and thinking: 'I could do this everyday.' Talking with Mike was so easy and fun. It was sometime later I found out Mike knew beforehand that the saw at the first hardware store was broken, and he took me there intentionally to prolong our afternoon. So sneaky. Mike is normally not a good actor and cannot tell a lie, but I was oblivious to the idea that he would have any such intentions so he pulled it off. He told me later he was so nervous he couldn't believe I had no clue.

When he dropped me off at my apartment he asked me out to a corn maze that Saturday, but we ended up going to Fall Fling together first, that Friday night. Then we had a PB&J picnic - playing games on a blanket in the grass by a crumbling old amphitheater - on Sunday, and we pretty much saw each other every day after that. I still love spending time with him. He's my best friend and such a sweet, amazing dad. Best of all he loves me! We've been married for what...9 years now! Crazy! Good -would do it all over again -crazy. Love you, Mike :)
Photobucket

2 comments:

Francesca said...

Sooooo cute! I love the sneakiness. haha.

Francesca said...

p.s. Although we all were in the ward together for a while, I don't really know your husband. I would love to meet your family someday!