This year I got the girls' costumes done extra early expecting life would be too busy once I got a job, and because I figured it would be fun for them to wear them to the pumpkin patch and other activities we might go to all month long - since they are kind of Halloween themed. (Cute little colorful witch skirts and vests I made out of patches of fabric from mine and their Grandma Elsie's scrap stashes.) We decided to go a little earlier in the month than I would normally because it looked like the weather might turn on us fast this year and we wanted it to be a nice day. Well, things don't always turn out how you plan! ...Especially when you have two very independent minded little girls and an equally stubborn Mommy... The day was sunny, but pretty cold, but my girls thought it would be too warm to wear their costumes which included black long sleeved shirts they thought would be just too hot in the sun. I was disappointed because I really wanted to get some nice pictures in their costumes and have the comparison shot from them both being witches Sierra's first Halloween.
Blast from the Past....
Is this not adorable?
I'm glad we were able to get out there and let go of our previous expectations and our ruffled feelings and enjoy the beauty around us and the time we have together! We even stopped to pick apples at another farm on the way home.
Enjoy the pictures!
It was fun getting to climb out the window of the mini log cabin
- I think Sierra was in and out about 50 times while we waiting for our food!
Lily is looking so grown-up and beautiful!
I had to laugh looking over and seeing Sierra trying to wobble toward me with a big pumpkin!
They had to be able to carry it and put it in the wagon themselves to get it!
It was a bright day, definitely chilly!
The clouds made a beautiful landscape across the sky!
Apple picking...
Happy October!






























No comments:
Post a Comment