Happy Halloween!
From our two little witches! The last time they were witches was Sierra's first Halloween. --I love that they still like to match! I made these costumes from old scraps from Halloween fabrics their Grandma and I had been saving and pretty much used what accessories we had. The hats and brooms were from the dollar store, so I pretty much spent $14 all together to make these with the spool of pink ribbon, velcro to make it easier to open the vests on one side this time around (we learned last time those criss cross ties are annoying to undo), and a little black fabric (that I bought way too much of). I've made a full skirt like this before and like to quilt and finally figured out how to use my serger so it went pretty fast - I was motivated to get them done early so I wouldn't have to worry about costumes if I was starting a new job - so I pretty much whipped them out in 3 days. I figure they will get a few years wear out of the skirts. I kind of like them without the vests even better, (I think the orange one is a little bright) but they look more complete and costumey and the girls are cute either way! (Mike took the photos for me)
(This is probably our favorite one! Ha ha!)
I love these too where they're pretending to fly!
These girls are way excited for tonight! It's all about the candy!
Hope you have a fun and safe Halloween!
P.S. We're supposed to get snow this weekend....I'm not ready for this!












No comments:
Post a Comment